I’ve always been a sale lover (but then again, who isn’t)? As nice as it is to have something shiny and new, I find that it becomes that much sweeter when I find it at a ridiculously good price. And while I don’t support or believe in sacrificing quality time with family over Thanksgiving to shop on Black Friday, it is a good time to score some deals once you’re full from Turkey dinner and have spent time reflecting on what you’re thankful for with loved ones.
With that being said, here are some of my top picks for Black Friday/Cyber Monday:
1. A winter coat – If there’s one item that I find myself looking for every year, it’s a new topper. Living in a city which experiences pretty dreary winters (they don’t call us Raincouver for nothing), a shiny new coat is the best pick-me-up when we get into the thick of winter. A patterned piece like this one is a sure-fire way to inject some happiness into a grey day.
2. Beautiful candles – I love candles, but have always found it difficult to justify spending so much on something that’s going to quickly burn away. I’ll be on the lookout for deals on this little luxury during my Black Friday shopping.
3. Winter layers – Since we’ll be experiencing at least 5 more months of sweater weather, now is a good time as any to score some deals on quality knits. I’ve been loving sweaters with higher necklines and interesting details this year, and this one is just beautiful.
4. Lipstick – because a bright pop of colour on the lips is the best accessory for any outfit – especially for the upcoming holidays.
5. A new pair of studs – They’re on my ears every day, so I think it’s a worthwhile investment to purchase a pair that feels like a little luxury when you put them on in the morning. Eddie Borgo and Ginette NY both make super chic options.
6. An iPad mini – I’m often on the go for the entire day, an iPad mini would be ideal for getting things done during an hour long break at a coffee shop.
7. A phone and a plan – Being a blogger obviously comes with the need for a very good phone and data plan, and this Black Friday weekend, Virgin Mobile has smartphones from $0 and double the data on select plans – plus all the benefits of being a Member like getting 20% off at H&M! Check out all the details here.
8. A holiday dress (or two) – Since there will be no shortage of parties and get-togethers come December, it’s always nice to have a fresh dress. A frock in a statement print is always fun to have on hand, and an LBD (like this Diane von Furstenberg number) is a failsafe option for any last minute fetes.
What will you be shopping for on Black Friday/Cyber Monday?
P.S. Leave a blog comment what you’re shopping for this Black Friday or share your tips, tweet or start the conversation on Facebook, share photos in Instagram, and you will be entered to win a $75 gift card to shop at eLUXE! Entries will include blog post comment, facebook share, facebook likes (https://www.facebook.com/virginmobilecan), Tweet (@virginmobilecan), Instagram (@virginmobilecan) for a chance to win a $75 @shopeluxe gift card).
This post was sponsored by Virgin Mobile. The views and opinions expressed in this blog, however, are purely our own.