Kristy tagged me in a survey and since I realized that I never really wrote anything about myself on this blog, I thought I would do it… so here we go!
1. What do you do? I am currently a jobless fourth year marketing student enjoying summer in Vancouver 🙂
2. What did your name your blog and why? “her waise choice” was decided between me and my bestie because we originally intended for the blog to be for the both of us and our chinese names both have the word “Wai” in it… and we wanted it to be a play on that. Even after she decided not to author, I stuck with it.
3. Why did I start blogging? I was a regular reader of fashion blogs and my boyfriend suggested that I start one. I was really shy about it at first because I didn’t feel comfortable at all posing in front of the camera… but he helped ease me into it 🙂
4. Whose closet would you like to raid? Have to agree with Kristy on this one. Olivia Palermo has long been my style icon. Love her take on classic with modern, feminine twists. And she has the best collection of bags. In the blogger world, it has to be the glamourai. Often times when it comes to individuals with really unique style, it looks like some of what they wear seems to just be a cry for attention. But with her, it all seems so well put together regardless of her fearless, risk-taking sense of style that I would be way to chicken to pull off! Also, her shoes and jewelry are incredible!
6. Where do you like to shop? I manage to find something of value to me everywhere (which is both a blessing and a curse) from Holts to consignment shops to Superstore. But on a regular basis, I frequent Zara, Club Monaco, H&M, ASOS, Forever 21, and local gem Front & Company for great consigned and vintage pieces.
7. Are you an impulsive buyer/not? When it comes to fast fashion, I have to say that yes, unfortunately I have succumbed to impulsive buying. Also, when I’m on vacation I impulsively buy a LOT because I’ve had a lot of regrets from not purchasing in the past. In general, I’m trying to sway away from that now, though, because the pieces that have the most longevity in my closet are definitely the ones that I put time into deciding whether or not to purchase.
8. How has your style evolved in the last few years? When I first started University, 80% of my closet was black, white or grey. I was also into the whole “premium denim” thing where I owned over 30 pairs of jeans and wore them with EVERYTHING. After that I discovered skirts and dresses and loved the fact that they were 200% more comfortable than denim (and looked better too!) But my style has actually evolved the most since I started dating my boyfriend. He has a great eye for colour and patterns and since meeting him I’ve swayed more into that region. Like I tell him often, he brought the colour into my life (cheesy!).
Wearing: Mango sequin top (gift from boyfriend), Zara shirt and shoes, Forever 21 lattice detail shorts and bird connector ring