I was tagged by the lovely Lianne to do this little 7 Confessions open-ended survey and was honestly pretty excited because I find these sorts of things quite fun! However, it proved to be a bit harder to come up with these little facts than I thought it would be. Nonetheless, here we go!:
1. The sweater I’m wearing was taken from the trash. Well… not literally. A friend of a friend’s was giving away some clothes so I decided to look through the goods before he did that. I found this oversized v-neck cashmere sweater among the items and immediately snatched it. Free cashmere? Score! (p.s. in this outfit, I wore it backwards and off the shoulder with another sweater underneath for added interest and warmth)
2. I’ve dressed myself since the 3rd grade, but that doesn’t mean that I was any good at it. In late high school, I basically had two outfits in rotation for every day of the year. It wasn’t that my parents didn’t buy me clothes, but I only had two ensembles that I deemed “cool” enough to wear to school. I soon grew out of that phase when I realized that dressing well had nothing to do with what was considered “hip”– a lesson that I hope to pass down to my daughter in the future should I ever be blessed with one.
3. I can drive, but I don’t. My boyfriend likes to joke that he’s my personal chauffeur… but it’s kind of true. *blush*
4. My boyfriend has far surpassed my skills in photography now (as you can see in these gorgeous photos), but I was the one who got him into it. I used to be involved in taking photographs for the school yearbook and newspaper. The camera my boyfriend uses actually belongs to me!
5. I wear a lot less make up on a day to day basis than I do in blog photos. The reason I pile it on (relatively) in photos is because I look dog tired if I don’t define my eyes. My “school” make up consists of concealer, a little bronzer and lipbalm. When I take photos for the blog, I add eyeliner and mascara, and recently the occasional red lip.
6. I used to not care for dogs (or any animal for that matter) until I met the little rascal that my boyfriend owns: a teacup yorkie named Dexter. After falling in love with the pup I now absolutely adore them!
7. I would absolutely love to be a personal stylish one day. I will jump at any opportunity to practice!
P.S. I have something exciting for you in a few days. Stay tuned!
Wearing: Zara and found sweaters, H&M knit circle scarf, Forever 21 earrings, MAC lip pencil in Brick